Is there anything more fall than a good pumpkin bread? I love it so much and it always makes the house smell wonderful. But, I also have to try really hard to find a recipe that isn’t full of butter and/or oil. Why does it have to be so difficult? Answer: it doesn’t. I officially found the best recipe ever. It’s quick, light, and just dang delicious. So here it goes:
Scrumptious Healthy Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Bread!
- 1 cup pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling and NOT the entire can)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (I omitted because I didn’t have it and added a little extra pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (blended oats)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bread pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, coconut oil (make sure it is melted), and brown sugar until well combined,
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg.
- Mix the wet into the dry until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips or nuts if you’d like
- Pour into the prepared bread ban and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a fork when inserted into the center comes out clean or the bread starts to pull away from the edges.
Nutrition info (10 servings): 168 cals, 21g carbs, 8g fat, 4g protein.
I honestly cannot stop eating this stuff. Fall has arrived and it is delicious.